Friday, December 4, 2009

Funky Flower Shoes








My shoe floral designs were inspired by Oprah Winfrey when I went to her Live Your Best Life Seminar in Seattle in 2003. It is well documented the Oprah loves shoes. During the seminar she mentioned that a shoe store had opened up just for her the night before so that she could buy the red shoes she was wearing to go with her red outfit.

I realized that many women really love shoes and ,of course, most women love flowers so why not combine the two?

I use real shoes in my designs. It obviously would be too expensive to use high quality new shoes as containers but I wanted to use new shoes rather than re-cylced old shoes . It has been very challenging to find inexpensive but stylish shoes or funky shoes to use in my designs.Strangely enough I have found the best place to buy shoes is in women's clothing stores that also carry a few shoes rather than shoe stores.
The shoe arrangements can be found in the funky section of my website http://www.flowerartisan.com/ .Most of the designs are on the funky side but they can also be quite elegant like the white bridal centerpiece shoe design.